Configure Notepad++ for Python
After reading this post you can run your program directly from your Notepad++ Editor. I have searched a lot of articles over it and when i setup notepad++ successfully on my system then i have decided to write it down in my post for other users who want to configure and learn python.
Read Post: Install Python On Windows
Step 1: Set Path in System property
1. First go to system property > Advance System Setting > Environment Variable > Select “PATH” variable or if PATH variable is not exist then add “New” variable with name “PATH” and add path of python.exe file.
Note: See Step 2 to get the python.exe file path.
Step 2: Find python.exe file in our system
Go to [C:/Users/anuj/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python36-32/python.exe]. This path need to be added in environment variable above.
Step 3: Now Configure Notepad++ to run python code.
- Launch Notepad++ > change language to python via Language > P > Python.
- Write code and save it with .py extension.
- Press F5 > it will prompt a run window pop-up for notepad++
- Browse folder where python.exe file exist: C:/Users/anuj/AppData/Local/Programs/Python/Python36-32/python.exe
- Click python.exe file.
- Its path will start dislaying in run window pop-up.
- Now give space after text “.exe” and add following line [-i $(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)]
Note: Please remove  when add upper code.
- Click Run
- It will show you output of the program in a cmd window (it will display error as well in cmd window if you will run your program).